Launched in 2013 the Harvardwood Heroes (HH) grant program aims to spotlight and support those members of Harvardwood that have made or plan to make an exceptional contribution to the community, specifically at the intersection of arts and service. These Heroes exemplify the mission of Harvardwood, demonstrating the power and purpose of the arts, media, and entertainment.
Harvardwood will begin this program in 2013 by awarding four $500 grants* to applicants that have demonstrated (or plan to demonstrate) a distinguished level of service to their organization of choice. Winners will be determined by the strength of their proposal, and will receive the balance of the grant upon submission of final essay. To apply for an HH grant, please read the guidelines below.
Harvardwood Heroes grants will be awarded annually (pending the availability of adequate resources to support the program). Harvardwood has identified a few organizations working at the intersection of arts & service that may be of interest to our members. Applicants can apply their service hours toward these selected organizations or choose one of their own.
*Grants can be spent at the winner’s discretion.
1) All applicants must be dues-current Full Members to apply.
2) Applicants can submit their HH grant proposal between April 22 – June 14. Proposal must outline, in 500 words or less, the applicant’s community service plan for 2013 (can include work that is in progress or work to be completed in the future). Proposal must reflect a plan of community contribution that resides at the intersection of art and service. Proposal may be accompanied with recommendation letters and/or any other supplemental materials (video, audio, pictures, etc.) that applicant feels best reflects their current or upcoming contributions. Submit your proposal to [email protected] with the subject line HEROES.
3) Grant winners will be announced in June and will receive first installment of grant.
4) Grant winners will execute or continue service from June – November.
5) Grant winners will submit final essay by November 15. (Essay question will be revealed in the fall.)
6) Grant winners will receive final installment after December 1, 2013.
HH Recommended Community Organizations
Spark Program – www.spark.org
Inner City Arts - http://www.inner-cityarts.org
Education Through Music - http://www.etmonline.org/
Write Girl - http://www.writegirl.org/
Mother’s Day Radio (MDR) – www.mothersdayradio.org
The Young Storytellers Foundation - www.youngstorytellers.com