Harvardwood Karaoke is a summer online contest that features Harvard students and alumni singing along to a song of their choosing.
Contestants record their Karaoke rendition and submit it via a YouTube link to the Harvardwood Music Committee, which selects the finalists who are showcased on this page. The winner is determined by an online vote.
Submissions to the 2015 Harvardwood Karaoke Contest will be accepted August 1-31, 2015.
- Any song is permissible as long as it is a Karaoke rendition.
- No original music will be accepted.
- No accompanying live instruments are permitted. Vocals only.
- There is no entrance fee for Harvardwood Full Members.
- Non-members can enter the competition for $5.
- Group collaboration is allowed (e.g., multiple singers on the same track).
- All submissions must be in YouTube format.
- Contests must submit a YouTube link of their performance by August 31st.
Creativity is encouraged! Get up! Dance! Show us your moves! Dress up!! Got Charisma? Flaunt it! Do whatever the heck you want. Just follow the above rules!
Choose a well-known song that your audience will be familiar with.
August 1st - 31st Submissions Open!
August Finalists Selected and Featured. Online Voting Begins.
September Online Voting Ends. Winner Announced.
All submissions will be pre-screened by the Harvardwood Music Committee to select the finalists. The chosen finalists will be featured on the Harvardwood Music page, and the winner will be determined by an online vote.
TBD—check back in Summer 2015