1. Only current Harvard undergraduates may apply to HSIP internships. Please refrain from forwarding the listings to friends who are not current students at Harvard College, even if they are students at other Harvard programs or graduate schools.
2. All application materials sent through Harvardwood will be reviewed by HSIP directors to ensure compliance.
3. Applicants must have a Harvardwood Full Membership to access the listings below and apply.
4. Applicants may apply to an unlimited number of HSIP applications.
5. Internship Credit - Some employers may require that students receive course credit to be eligible for the internship they offer. Please see here for more information about Harvard College’s policy: https://ocs.fas.harvard.edu/internship-course-credit Many community colleges also offer Independent Study courses (for example, Santa Monica College in Los Angeles).
Students often ask about opportunities to work in physical production (i.e., "on-set") or in the offices for particular TV shows or films. These opportunities usually come up on short notice and are therefore difficult to include in the context of a planned internship program. However, if you wish to pursue an opportunity in this area, we would encourage you to take the initiative to contact and/or submit cover letters and resumes directly to the projects in which you are interested. You can find out what projects are in pre-production or production through various industry resources; Variety and The Hollywood Reporter publish weekly charts of films/shows in production, both online (look for "Charts" in the left-hand menu) and in their print editions (available at OCS).
Make sure you're logged in to the website to access the link above.
Ready to apply for this year's HSIP opportunities? Check out helpful info for applicants.
Attending the events organized by HSIP has been one of the highlights of my summer internship experience. They are a fantastic way to meet and learn from new people, and offer an invaluable opportunity for exposure to countless unique sides of the entertainment industry. Only halfway through my internship I have already had the chance to talk with people throughout the business from both Harvard and beyond whose passion, work, and missions equally inspire and motivate me. I look forward to growing these relationships and continuing to make new ones for the rest of my time with the Harvardwood Program. Extra special thanks to Marie Kim for making it all come together!
- Max Moulton AB '18, HSIP 2017
DISCLAIMER: Please note that each state has different labor laws regarding internships; it is the responsibility of the participating companies and the individual interns to inform themselves and ensure that the relevant labor laws are not being violated. Harvardwood disclaims any and all legal responsibility in these matters.