If your arts, media, or entertainment company offers summer internships and would like to recruit applications from current Harvard Students, we invite you to participate in the 2016 Harvardwood Summer Internship Program (HSIP)! Companies can reach current Harvard students by posting their internship opportunities to Harvardwood FOR FREE.
HSIP provides a list of internship opportunities in the arts, media and entertainment to Harvard undergraduates and also coordinates career-related events over the summer for program participants in LA, NYC and other cities. Over 100 companies have participated in HSIP since its inception, including: 2929 Productions, ABC, Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Archer Entertainment, Benderspink, Digital Domain, Dimension, Disney, Dreamworks, The Firm, Furst Films, HBO Films, ICM, Icon Productions, Intermedia, Lionsgate, LivePlanet, Mirabai Films, Miramax, National Geographic Feature Films, Red Wagon Productions, Samuels Media, Simmons Lathan Media Group, Spirit Dance Entertainment, Untitled Entertainment, Valhalla Motion Pictures, and The Young and the Restless.
How It Works
1) In late March, we post your company’s internship opportunity in our HSIP opportunity list.
2) Harvard students submit their applications to us, per your company’s instructions, and Harvardwood forwards these applications to the designated contact person at your company.
3) Your company interviews and/or potentially hires summer interns from the HSIP pool (we are not involved in this part of the process, unless you would like us to be).
4) Your company notifies Harvardwood if and who you have decided to hire through HSIP, so that we can include the student(s) in our summer events.
5) The interns participate in your company’s summer internship program, and Harvardwood provides HSIP interns with additional career-related events throughout the summer.
6) If your company wishes to host or sponsor a summer event for all HSIP interns in LA or NYC for the summer (usually 20-40 interns in LA, 10-20 in NYC), please let us know. We welcome your participation!
If your company is interested in listing an internship via HSIP, please fill out our brief participant form below. While your company can list your internship at any time, we recommend submitting by Tuesday, March 15th in order to be included in the first round of HSIP offerings and reach the largest number of potential candidates.