Harvardwood’s mission to celebrate and support lives in the arts, media and entertainment applies to every life, regardless of race, creed, ethnicity, religion, ability, gender identity or sexual orientation. We stand with the AAPI community and every community that continues to suffer from discrimination.
We are grateful to the Harvard Club of Southern California and their Anti-Racism Committee for their slate of upcoming events that address this issue, as well as a list of recommended reading and resources, which we are sharing. We call on our membership and collaborators to embrace inclusivity and utilize the power of the arts to strive toward positive social change.
Recommended Reading and Resources:
- L.A. Times: Asian Americans Have Been Verbally & Physically Attacked, Shunned During Pandemic, Study Shows
- Associated Press: Explainer: Why Georgia attack spurs fears in Asian Americans
- McKinsey & Company: COVID-19 and Advancing Asian American Recovery
- Asian American Legal Defense Fund
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- AAPI Women Lead
- Asian Mental Health Collective
- Harvard Asian Alumni Alliance
- Stop AAPI Hate