Carlton Cuse, Neal Baer, Sam Baum, Mark Goffman, and Nell Scovell are among the A-listers pitching in to mentor new voices from the Harvardwood TV program this spring.
Los Angeles, CA (May 5, 2011) - Eight writers have been selected for the 1st Annual list of Harvardwoodʼs Most Staffable TV Writers. A panel of 17 industry professionals selected these writers based on their original TV pilots completed during the Harvardwood Writers Program this past fall. (article in Variety)
This yearʼs winners are (listed alphabetically by author):
• Jonathan Bird*, "Academy of Crime” (one-hour)
• Katherine Boutry, "The Virgins” (one-hour)
• Emmylou Diaz*, "Ravenous” (half-hour)
• Teresa Hsiao*, "Headquarters” (one-hour)
• Allison Kiessling, "Probably Not Dead” (half-hour)
• James C. Oliver, "Legacy” (one-hour)
• Loni Sosthand*, "Homeland” (half-hour)
• Eric Trueheart, "Safe House” (one-hour)
* indicates a writer eligible for network diversity programs
Each writer will receive one-on-one mentorship with an industry professional. This year’s mentors are:
• Zadoc Angell (Artists International)
• Neal Baer (Executive Producer)
• Sam Baum (Executive Producer)
• Peter Blake (Co-Executive Producer)
• Kevin Brown (Lawrence Bender TV)
• Terence Carter (Fox)
• Carolyn Cassidy (Fox)
• Carlton Cuse (Executive Producer)
• Marjorie David (Co-Producer)
• Adam Fratto (Producer)
• Dan Greaney (Producer)
• Mark Goffman (Executive Producer)
• Jen Grisanti (Jen Grisanti Consultancy, Inc)
• Janet Jeffries (Lawrence Bender TV)
• Brant Rose (Brant Rose Agency)
• Nell Scovell (Writer / Producer)
• Nicky Weinstock (Twentieth Century Fox)
Harvardwood thanks these outstanding mentors for their time and effort to help develop new voices and perspectives in the industry.
Since its inception in 2005, the Harvardwood Writers program has grown fourfold and now also conducts workshops in Boston, New York, San Francisco, and Washington DC. This fall the Los Angeles TV program admitted its largest group yet, 24 writers, each nominated from a pool of Harvard-only applicants. In addition to original pilots, the selected Most Staffable writers were also required to submit a second TV writing sample, and many have completed other original work as well.
Harvardwood’s Most Staffable TV Writers, email: [email protected] .