The deadline for the 2016 Film Festival has closed.
Accepted submissions will be notified this spring. Thank you!
- You do not need to be a Harvardwood member to submit your film, but a Harvard-affiliated person must be in a key creative position (e.g., writer, director, producer, main cast member) for your work to be considered for the Harvardwood Film Festival.
- The film must have been completed after January 1, 2011. Works completed before January 1, 2011 are not eligible.
- Categories include feature, short, TV pilot, web/digital series, and other (you will be asked to specify if you mark "other").
- Genres include action, comedy, documentary, drama, experimental, horror, kids/family, animated, and other (you will be asked to specify if you mark "other").
- Films should be submitted to the Harvardwood Film Festival for consideration via a URL link to Vimeo, YouTube, or other online platform.
- All submitters must agree to the Rules & Regulations for Submission and the Terms & Conditions.
If you know of a Harvard-affiliated film coming to theaters soon and would like to suggest an event, get in touch!
The Harvardwood Film Festival also presents screenings and Q&As with directors, producers, writers, and members of the cast and crew (photo above from our April 2015 screening of Unfriended).
Past events include:
- screening of Drunk Wedding (feature film), followed by a Q&A with Nick Weiss (Writer-Director) and Tony Weiss (Writer)
- screening of Unfriended (feature film), followed by a Q&A with Nelson Greaves '10 (Writer-Producer), Adam Sidman '10 (Co-Producer/DP), Andrew Wesman '10 (Editor), Couper Samuelson '02 (Co-Executive Producer), Sungmi Choi '06 (Head of Marketing & Digital Strategy, Blumhouse), and Chase Mellen (Production Attorney)
- screening of About Alex (feature film), followed by a Q&A with Writer-Director Jesse Zwick '08 in Los Angeles
- screening of documentary FED UP, followed by a Q&A with Producer Eve Marson '04 in Toronto
- screening of Jamesy Boy, followed by a Q&A with Writer Lane Shadgett
- multiple screenings of Linsanity nationwide, followed by Q&As with the documentary producers
- pre-screening of Last Night and conversation with Writer-Director Massy Tadjedin '99 — view video*
- pre-screening of Mother & Child and conversation with Writer-Director Rodrigo Garcia '82 — view video*
*Videos are only viewable by Harvardwood Full Members.
Jamesy Boy Q&A with alum Lane Shadgett