If you achieve success but you're not happy, are you really successful?
Perhaps you've read about people who have attained some measure of status, money and power but aren't all that happy. Maybe you even have friends like that. Because of course you would never be such a person, right?
This workshop is about redefining success by putting happiness, thriving and well-being at the center of your life instead of status, money, and power. To do this, we're going to need a little tune-up using The Five Pillars of Human Thriving:
1) Robust relationships
2) Meaningful work
3) Sound sleep
4) Mental fitness
5) Physical fitness
Get them right, and you have a much better chance of long-term happiness. Get any one of them wrong, and your misery is guaranteed. I've come up with The 5 Pillars after 8 years of research and traveling to the world's happiness hotspots. I'll be giving you 1-2 practices from each Pillar to immediately apply to your life for a lasting happiness boost. Some key points we'll cover:
• The subtle reasons why Finland and Denmark do so well in world happiness rankings, and Moldova does not
• Why no one knows about the most common chronic disease in the US (80+ million cases!), and how it may be wrecking your life right now
• The one thing you can do to boost your relationship happiness starting this week
• How to increase happiness at work without changing your job
• Covert sources of self-inflicted misery and how to uproot them
As a therapist and teacher, my job is to change people's lives in the time I have with them. So come prepared to roll up your sleeves and start the process of changing your life for the better!
Use code HARVARD to score the Harvardwood members discount.