We've been looking for new ways for Harvardwood members to get to know and support each others' creative work. And so we've come up with—the very first ever Harvardwood CREATIVE COLLAGE!
Bring in some poems you're working on, a part of that novel-in-progress, a scene you're working on for acting class (yes, you can bring a scene partner with you), your latest painting or photograph or even sculpture (if portable!), a song you've written, that standup set you're working on—everything creative is welcome!
Each Creative Collage will star up to 8 "presenters", getting 8 minutes each for their work. After the presentations, there will be a reception with wine and cheese. If you want to attend as an audience member, you can jump to the bottom of the page and register right now. But if you'd like to share your work with other Harvardwood members, here's what you need to know:
- "Presenters" will be chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis. After 8 Presenters have been selected, those that follow will be put on a Waiting List in case a Presenter has to cancel. Those who don't get to present their work this time around will be given priority for the NEXT Creative Collage! (We don't yet know how often we'll be doing this—it depends on the response from YOU!)
- If you'd like to present your work, you must be a current dues-paying member of Harvardwood (Full Member or Friend of Harvardwood). If you're not yet a member, this is yet another reason to JOIN us!
- If you are presenting your work, you must be present for the ENTIRE evening—this is all about supporting each others' work.
- Your presentation should require little or no setup so as to prevent boring delays between presentations.
- If you are presenting your work, you must commit to getting at least TWO friends to register and attend as audience members. If you don't have any friends, we will be worried about you, but let us know.
- To sign up, e-mail NYC Chapter Head Spence Porter at email@example.com with a brief description of your presentation, including the estimated length (up to 8 minutes) and what if any setup will be needed. If you send a photo, we may add it to this event page! (Same e-mail address if you have any questions!)
Cost: $4 for Full Members and Friends of Harvardwood (and their guests); $9 for all others;
(but FREE for those who are scheduled to present their work.)
NOTE: Advance registration is REQUIRED! Nobody will be admitted at the door unless they have already registered.
We're hoping to do these evenings several times a year,
depending on what response we get from all of YOU!
We're all looking forward to getting to know your work!
Members & Friends, Register Here
Purchase tickets $4.00 Members & Friends of Harvardwood