Many make it to Hollywood with the goal of experiencing the glitter of stardom in front of the camera. But a little known fact is that voice-over stars have found a viable and highly lucrative career path with less competition.
Be it a video game, movie trailer, commercial spot, or promo, learn how to launch and further a successful career in voiceover working "off camera."This is a can’t-miss opportunity for actors, directors, producers, agents, executives, and voice-over talent.
Ever considered being the voice of your favorite cartoon character or having recurring passive residual payment checks in your mailbox regularly for years in exchange for 15 minutes in a recording booth on a tv commercial?
Voiceover is satisfying, creative, fun, and extremely well paid. IVY Entertainment in conjunction with Melrose Lightspace and Garden of Sound Voice Over Studio host you for an evening to help you learn the fundamentals of voice-over as a viable career path.
- How to strategically create a successful career in the voice over industry
- How to market yourself for voiceover
- The do’s and dont’s of voiceover auditions
- What you should look for in a voice-over agent
- Basic preparation for off camera work vs. on camera
- The distinction between different kinds of voice-over work and how to save time and money by identifying which is right for you
- *SPECIAL* There will be a select few chosen to record a reel segment complete with a cold read and full critique in the VO booth at a later date.
- *BONUS* A one-hour session with Rick Zieff at Gardens of Sound will be provided to a lucky attendee.
The salon will also include an exclusive networking opportunity for guests and panelists along with concessions from the District by Hannah An.
Run of Show:
12:00 - 12:15 - Check In
12:15 - 01:40 - Lecture
01:40 - 02:00 - Q&A
02:00 - 02:30 - Networking