10:00am - 12:00pm PT / 12:00pm - 2:00pm CT / 1:00pm - 3:00pm ET
**Acts 1, 2 and 3 must be taken in order**
In order to participate fully in the activities set out during this workshop, you’ll need to use either a computer or tablet and not a phone when signing onto the Zoom link.
About the Series
A central challenge for many performing arts and entertainment professionals is navigating the episodic nature of their work in the industry. For many, survival work—initiated to make ends meet—ends up draining the creative professional and becoming more problem than solution. The purpose of this workshop series is to assist performing arts and entertainment professionals in their search to find meaningful work. Career Journey offers strategies to gain agency over your career.
Career Journey - Act 1: Who Am I?
Are you looking for meaningful work to support your artistic pursuits or new career options, but don't know where to start? In this workshop you will begin your career journey by:
• Identifying your work values to help you find meaningful work
• Identifying your interests to help you find engaging work
• Identifying your personality preferences to help you find work environments where you thrive
You'll discover what meaningful work looks like for you while developing language you can use in a resume, interview and while networking.
Career Journey - Act 2: What Are the Possibilities?
Now that you know your values, interests and personality preferences, what are the possibilities? To continue on your career journey you will:
• Identify your transferable skills
• Develop your strategic career blueprint
• Utilize career brainstorm techniques to think outside the box
You'll discover a sense of what is possible in your career moving forward.
Career Journey - Act 3: How Will I Get There?
Now that you have brainstormed potential work opportunities, how will you get there? To continue on your career journey you will:
• Navigate labor market research resources and strategies
• Learn to develop your network to find people and organizations that can help
• Learn how to test work ideas through experience
You'll evaluate your work ideas based on who you are and what you need to find a meaningful fit.
Sep 6 - Act 1: Who Am I?
Sep 13 - Act 2: What Are the Possibilities?
Sep 20 - Act 3: How Will I Get There?
More info HERE.