Join CLA and attorney Carol Contes to learn how to protect your intellectual property when collaborating with others in the creation of a work--whether it be a painting, a script, or an album. Topics include:
- What is a collaboration agreement?
- When do you need a collaboration agreement?
- What happens if you do not have a collaboration agreement in place?
- The 'do's' and 'dont's' of collaboration agreements
- Step-by-step guidance through an example collaboration agreement
Carol T. Contes (Contes Law Corporation) has worked in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years and has provided counsel to content producers of film, television and digital programming. Prior to being in private practice, Carol has worked within corporate-Hollywood at SAG-AFTRA and various production companies including ABC Television, Paramount, Turner Entertainment and Electronic Arts in Northern California. She presently represents independent producers (as well as individual artists) routinely working in the international marketplace. Carol has taught entertainment law and business practices at San Francisco's Academy of Art University and received her law degree at the University of Arizona.