Join Marc and Maria Unger, co-creators of THESPIAN (now available on Amazon and Amazon Prime), along with THESPIAN cast members including Sasha Carrera EDM ‘00 for this one-day comprehensive workshop. They’ll tell you what you need to know to create your own DIY indie episodic series, feature or short film, and provide practical advice and an overview of the entire process. Learn from their triumphs and mistakes. The workshop will use examples from THESPIAN’s eight-episode first season, and will cover the following:
- Creating a compelling story arc
- Writing unique characters with a specific “voice”
- Pre-production - Storyboards, planning a shot list to get the proper coverage, set design, creating a shooting schedule to maximize efficiency, etc.
- How to find the essential crew needed to realize your vision (and how to keep them happy)
- The audition process and what you should look for when putting together a cast
- Shot composition, camera movement and lighting- what will make your work stand out from all the rest
- Finding interesting locations
- Directing actors
- Tips on directing yourself as an actor (while dealing with issues like lighting, too much traffic noise and lunch)
- How to avoid “on set” chaos
- The importance of good sound and tricks for getting it in unfavorable conditions
- Understanding how operating under a SAG (Screen Actors Guild) New Media contract is beneficial and how to handle the paperwork.
- Post-Production - Understanding the challenges you’ll encounter and how to get your work out of the camera and onto the screen.
- Marketing techniques to maximize the size of your audience (and how to attract funding through crowd-sourced platforms)
SIGN UP BEFORE FEB 1stand RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT. SPACE IS LIMITED
For more information email email@example.com or call Marc at 443-630-4022.
If you’d like to check out THESPIAN, here’s the link to Amazon: http://a.co/d/flrxGWp.(Free for Amazon Prime members. If you don’t have Prime and would like to watch the series just sign up for the workshop and we’ll send you links to view all eight first season episodes.)