Harvard is seeking nominations for participants in the 2017 Advanced Leadership Fellowship program!
Harvard’s Advanced Leadership Fellowship provides the opportunity for a group of already accomplished leaders to return to the University in preparation for their next achievements, now focused on positively impacting society. AL Fellows move “from success to significance” by addressing some of the world’s most pressing needs, such as education, public health, economic development, social justice, or the environment.
Distinctive features of the Advanced Leadership Fellowship include:
- Cross-University Engagement. A rigorous core academic program, led by distinguished faculty from across Harvard, is augmented by the opportunity to pursue faculty-approved course audits in many areas.
- Calendar Year. AL Fellows join Harvard for a calendar year (January –December), with most of the formal on-campus program occurring in the first four months on campus, followed by considerable individual flexibility and project work for the rest of the year.
- Diverse Experiences, Common Purpose. AL Fellows are recognized leaders in their fields-with at least 20 to 25 years of professional accomplishments. Their experiences are as diverse as their shared commitment to now make a profound, positive difference in the world.
- Emphasis on Action. The focus is on outcomes -- to identify and make progress on a promising project with high social impact potential.
- Designed for Senior Leaders. The AL Fellowship is not like a short executive program; it offers a compelling immersive experience, including the shared learning that occurs as AL Fellows act as mentors and role models for students.
- Partner-friendly. A spouse or life partner can accompany the AL Fellow as a program participant.
- Unique Coalition. The AL community continues beyond the Fellowship year. Annual gatherings at Harvard convene a growing community of like-minded colleagues focused on accelerating the impact of everyone’s projects.
The Advanced Leadership Initiative is now accepting nominations for its 2017 Advanced Leadership Fellowship, which begins in January, 2017. Your nominations are valued and can be made here. Candidates interested in pursuing the 2017 AL Fellowship are asked to “Introduce Yourself” to submit their expression of interest.