Students, please read this entirely page carefully before accessing the Harvardwood 101 application at the bottom of this page. If you still have questions about Harvardwood 101, check out the FAQs section.
To apply for Harvardwood 101, you must be:
- A current student of Harvard College
- A dues-current Full Member of Harvardwood*
- In good standing with your Proctor or House Resident Tutor
If you have already participated in Harvardwood 101 or the Harvardwood Summer Internship Program in the past, you may apply for only the J-termship portion of Harvardwood 101. Please indicate this in your application.
Applications are accepted in the early fall, and notification is sent to students in early November.
Once you've been accepted...
- You must complete a housing preference form to determine whether you plan to stay with Harvardwood-organized housing or with friends/family in Los Angeles. If you find your own accommodations, please note that you must have transportation to meet the rest of the Harvardwood group every morning during the bootcamp week.
- You must read and sign the Harvardwood Liability Waiver and bring the signed form to Los Angeles in Los Angeles in January.
- You must read and sign the Harvardwood 101 Code of Conduct and bring the signed form to Los Angeles in January.
- If you signed up for a J-termship, you must submit a $250 check deposit to Harvardwood (P.O. Box 461503, Los Angeles, CA 90046), and the check must be received by the Monday before Thanksgiving. This check will be destroyed upon the fulfillment of your J-termship obligation; if you fail to complete your J-termship, the check will be cashed.
- If interested, you may apply for financial aid from the Office of Career Services through the Wintersession Fund.
- You can begin to make travel arrangements to Los Angeles. You must arrive in Los Angeles by Sunday evening before the early Monday morning start of the Harvardwood 101 bootcamp week. You may not take a Sunday night red-eye flight or arrive in Los Angeles on Monday morning.
This Year's Program
The upcoming virtual Harvardwood 101 program will run from Monday, Jan. 4 to Friday, Jan. 8, 2020.
- The MANDATORY bootcamp week will run from Jan. 4-8th.
- The OPTIONAL J-termship program will run from Jan. 13-24th.
This year's deadline to apply to Harvardwood 101 is October 18, 2020.