- How do I join Harvardwood?
- I'm a Harvardwood member, but the website doesn't recognize my login. Help!
- How can I make an announcement to Harvardwood?
- My company wants to post a job to the Harvardwood Career Center. How do I post a job opportunity?
- I'm a Harvard-affiliated subscriber. How do I upgrade to Member status?
- What is my current membership status?
- My membership has lapsed. How do I renew my membership?
- How do I reset my password?
- How can I change my Chapter affiliation on my profile?
- How can I change my privacy settings?
- Where can I change my email preferences?
- What is Harvardwood's Code of Conduct?
- Help—I'm subscribed but I'm not receiving any Harvardwood emails!
- How do I unsubscribe from Harvardwood emails?
- How can I delete my account?
- What is Harvardwood's refund policy?
- Are online transactions on Harvardwood's website secure?
- How do I change my profile picture?
Becoming a Harvardwood member is easy!
You can view more information about our membership options here.
Harvard students, alumni, staff, and faculty can join Harvardwood as FULL MEMBERS (complete access to all programs and online resources).
Non-Harvard-affiliated individuals can join Harvardwood as FRIEND OF HARVARDWOOD, as long as they are referred by a dues-current Full Member.
Companies that wish to engage with the Harvard arts community can join as HR MEMBERS.
Click the appropriate link below, if you are...
HARVARD-AFFILIATED (Harvard student, alum, staff, or faculty)
If you joined Harvardwood before March 1, 2015 and are visiting this website for the first time, you need to activate and set up your account. Although your membership information has been preserved, your login password was not transferred for security reasons. All you need to do now is set up your login/password information securely on our new and improved site by activating your account.
Activating your account is easy! You will need your original Harvardwood account email (that's probably the email address at which you receive the Harvardwood Weekly and the monthly Highlights newsletters).
Click here and enter your email address in the right column, under "Create Your Harvardwood Account." Hit "Send account activation," and you will receive an email to activate your Harvardwood account. Please see the image below for additional assistance.
Membership expired? Check out your membership options and re-join Harvardwood. Please note that Affiliate status is no longer a membership option; if you were an Affiliate, you are now a newsletter subscriber but you can upgrade to Full Membership at any time.
Only dues-current Full Members can make announcements to Harvardwood. If you're not already a Full Member, become a Harvardwood member today.
Once you are a member, log in to your account to access the posting options below.
- via Facebook
- via the Harvardwood Highlights
- via the Harvardwood Heads To... calendar
- via the Bulletin Board
Posts made to the Harvardwood Heads To... calendar and the Bulletin Board will appear in the following Monday's Weekly, as long as the post is submitted by the Sunday evening prior.
Full Members and HR Members: Post job opportunities to the Career Center for free. Just enter the Career Center and you'll see a box at the top of the page where you can submit your post.
- Friends of Harvardwood: The discounted posting fee for Friends is $10/job FoH POST
- Non-Member Individuals & Companies: The regular posting fee is $30/job NON-MEM POST
If you are a Harvard student, alum, staff, or faculty member, you can join Harvardwood here.
Harvardwood has also partnered with the Harvard Club of Southern California and with the A.R.T. Alumni Association, so you can also opt for joint membership with Harvardwood and one of those organizations.
Visit this page (or copy/paste this link into your browser - http://www.harvardwood.org/membership_status). Make sure you are logged in to access the page and view information about your current email, membership type, membership expiration date (if applicable), monthly subscription status, and more.
Reset your password by visiting this page and clicking the "Forgot your password?" link below the sign-in button.
On the next page, you’ll be prompted to enter the email address you use to log into Harvardwood. Enter your primary Harvardwood email address and then click “send password reset instructions.”
Open the email account you use to log into Harvardwood. You will receive an email from Harvardwood containing a personalized link that will take you back to a page where you can create a new password. Click that link.
Select your new password, and then you're all set!
If you've moved, please shoot us an email at email@example.com to change your Chapter affiliation.
Log in to Harvardwood and edit your account settings from the website. Either click on your name in the sidebar or follow the "account settings" link in the footer (bottom) of the website after logging in.
In the public settings portion of the account settings page, you can:
- Check the box next to "Don't publish my profile on the website." This will remove your profile entirely and make you ineligible for inclusion in directory pages.
- By default, the box next to "Allow search engines to find my profile" is unchecked to ensure your privacy. This means that your profile does not appear when someone searches your name on the Internet. By checking this box, you are allowing search engines to find your profile online.
Harvardwood periodically sends invitations to special events, announcements about upcoming program deadlines and other opportunities, daily-updated job listings, and more.
Every Monday: The Harvardwood WEEKLY is sent on a weekly basis and includes upcoming events, general announcements, and the latest job listings posted to our Career Center.
The 1st of each month: The Harvardwood HIGHLIGHTS is our special monthly magazine that features our members' recent industry successes, the monthly Alumni Profile, the Harvardwood Artist Showcase, New Members' Welcome, and other special features.
- Chapter newsletters will include information about events and programs that are specific to your local Harvardwood chapter. These emails are sent less frequently, approximately twice a month, depending on Harvardwood's events calendar and program news.
First, be sure to safelist any emails from an "@harvardwood.org" domain to ensure receipt of all Harvardwood information. You can safelist us by adding "@harvardwood.org" emails to your address book.
If you are a Harvardwood member, you should receive our Weekly newsletter every Monday morning (plain text) and the Harvardwood Highlights on on the 1st or 2nd of each month (html). If you are not receiving these notices, please check your spam folder for Harvardwood messages.
We've occasionally documented issues between harvardwood.org servers and post.harvard.edu servers. Harvard has tried its best to ensure timely receipt of Harvardwood messages to post.harvard.edu users, but it has not always been consistent. To ensure timely receipt of all Harvardwood messages, consider changing your primary account email to a non post.harvard email (presumably the email you forward your @post messages to), and list your post.harvard.edu address as the alternate email in your account.
Lastly, make sure you are opted-in to Harvardwood email in your profile.
Read past issues of the Harvardwood Highlights!
Harvardwood is unable to provide refunds for membership dues and requires at least 3 full days ADVANCE notice to receive a partial refund for any cancellations or non-attendance of events and/or programs. Please review our legal information, privacy, and refund policies here.
Harvardwood has partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Harvardwood (www.harvardwood.org) is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
I want to change my profile picture for the Harvardwood membership directories. If my Harvardwood account is connected to my Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, I don't want it to show that profile photo and would prefer to upload a new photo instead.
Once you've logged in to your account at www.harvardwood.org, click on your name/photo on the right-side panel of the page. Halfway down the page, you'll see a heading, "Profile image."
Underneath that is a box marked "Browse..." and you can click that to select a file from your computer to upload.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The photo you select MUST be a perfect square and must be 57,344 bytes or smaller.