'Tis the season! Please support us by making a contribution to Harvardwood before the year end!
RSVP to our annual holiday bashes in Los Angeles (Dec. 7th) & New York (Dec. 9th)!
CATCH UP ON YOUR READING
The Los Angeles Film School and Hanhai Studio welcome you to the Hollywood Entertainment Technology Festival.
The Hollywood Entertainment Technology Festival is the first international event connecting China and the US, with the core concept of introducing today’s entertainment technology and cross-border investments. Closely focusing on the theme of, “Creativity without Boundary" Hollywood Entertainment Technology Festival is creating a platform for industrial elites, potential projects and venture capitalists.
Hollywood Entertainment Technology Festival will be inaugurated by Hanhai Studio and the Los Angeles Film School on December 1st, 2016. Renowned US-China scholars, experienced investors, and executives from top entertainment and technology companies will gather through panels and a VIP cocktail party to discuss the latest trends in the industry. Over 200 pre-selected start-ups will compete for the top 3 positions and win thousands of dollars in equity investments.
9AM - 11:35AM: Panel I - GLOBAL INNOVATION AND CO-PRODUCTION OF ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY
11:35AM - 1:00PM: LUNCH
1:00PM - 1:35PM: PANEL II - TECHNOLOGY AND TRANSMEDIA IN HOLLYWOOD TODAY
1:45PM - 2:30PM: PANEL III: US-CHINA CROSS-BORDER ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INVESTMENT
2:40PM - 5:30PM: HETF START-UP COMPETITION
6:00PM - 8:00PM: COCKTAIL PARTY, B2 BRAIN LOBBY, 6353 SUNSET
This copyright basics program covers the following topics:
- What rights do the copyright owners have?
- Music Copyrights (compositions and sound recordings)
- Copyrights in literature/visual/theatrical
- Licenses to perform music live in a theatrical production
- Use of recorded music in a theatre production
- Rights to adapt the lyrics or music to suit theatrical performance
- Sheet music for rehearsals or performances
- Distribution of copied music/lyrics
- Recording of the theatrical performance
- Copyright expiration/public domain
- Copyright Infringement
- Fair Use
The Black List is creating social hubs for writers around the world where they can meet other screenwriters and discuss the craft and the reality of the screenwriter's life. So join your fellow writers at the DC happy hour! Come to enjoy the drinks and the company. You never know who you might meet!
This event is free and open to the public (cash bar). RSVP at the link below.
See the cover story on Black List founder Franklin Leonard AB ’00 in the July-August 2016 Harvard Magazine—and Harvardwood's profile from a few years ago!
After reviewing numerous outstanding community service proposals, we are delighted to present to you the following 2016 Harvardwood Heroes. Each grant recipient will receive $500 to use at his/her discretion.
This year's Heroes are:
- Jang Lee AB '19 | Harvard ARTZ (HARTZ) (Cambridge, MA)
- Raz Mason MDV '09 | MindUP with Movies (The Dalles, OR)
- Erin Sweeney MPP '07 & Antonio Valla MUP '08 | GlassRoots (Newark, NJ)
- Rylie Zhang AB '13 | No Limits Media (Boston, MA)
After the dust has settled on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, get back into the spirit of giving with #GivingTuesday on Tuesday, Nov. 29th!
There are many ways to give to Harvardwood. You can select a specific program fund to support, if you want your contribution to go directly to the Harvardwood 101 Fund, the Writers Program Fund, or the Harvardwood Heroes Fund.